Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Academy Awards

Well today is one of my holidays: The Academy Awards. I know many don't like the competition aspect of this show, and I will admit I really don't care who wins the golden statue. The Academy Awards, to me, is about celebrating my favorite art form. MOVIES! (and I do kind of like seeing what people wear....) You all know I love movies and I can watch nearly anything that honors it. Usually I only watch the Golden Globes, The Independent Spirit Awards and The Oscars - but I have been known to watch The Golden Raspberry Awards, The SAG AwardsCritic's Choice Awards, and I sneak in a glimpse of MTV movie awards and The Scream Awards. Yes, I am a film junkie.

However, since I can remember I have watched every Academy Awards show, and I always stay up until the very end to see which film wins Best Picture. Usually I do not even come close to seeing every film that is nominated for an award. However, this year I think I got really close. So I thought I would list some of the nominations here for you all; and I am too antsy to watch and review a film while waiting, not so patiently, for the red-carpet festivities to begin.

And the Oscar goes to....

Up for Best Picture:
The Descendants
Hugo
Extremely Loud and Incredible Close
The Help
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
Tree of Life
The Artist
The War Horse

Up for Best Actor in a Leading Role:
George Clooney - The Descendants
Brad Pitt - Moneyball
Demain Bichir - A Better Life
Gary Oldman - Tinker Tailor Solider Spy
Jean Dujardin - The Artist

Up for Best Actress in a Leading Role:
Viola Davis - The Help
Rooney Mara - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Glenn Close - Albert Nobbs
Meryl Streep - The Iron Lady
Michelle Williams - My Week with Marilyn

Up for Best Actor in a Supporting Role:
Jonah Hill - Moneyball
Christopher Plummer - Beginners
Max von Sydow - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Nick Nolte - Warrior
Kenneth Branagh - My Week with Marilyn


Up for Best Actress in a Supporting Role:
Jessica Chastain - The Help
Melissa McCarthy - Bridesmaids
Octavia Spencer - The Help
Berenice Bejo - The Artist
Janet McTeer - Albert Nobbs

I do plan on seeing and review most of the films that have been nominated that I haven't seen yet.

Enjoy The Academy Awards tonight and see you all at the movies!

 Click on posters below:
 

2 comments:

Jen and Tonic said...

I'm telling you, Tired of Previews awards ceremony in 2013!

Tired of Previews said...

oh, that's not a bad idea...:-)